Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sometimes, Change is Good!

Ok. I have had this blog for a while now. I tried to have a schedule of some sort. I find being attached to this schedule limits me on my "creative end".
I would like to change things up a bit and let you get to know the "real me".
I am a huge fan of crafts and I absolutely go ga-ga over antiques. I love to garden and start my own flowers from seed and from friends. I have my own website. I am sure you have heard this before. It really is almost done. Just a few finishing touches, and away I go!
These items listed above are what I truly love to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I think humanitarian issues are very, very important. I will continue to do work in this area. I love to help people in any way I can.
So...
from this day on...
each and every post will be about something I love. I will continue to highlight the blogs I find that I would like to share. I will be posting pictures of my latest antique finds. I will post about my garden and my home. I will post about my crafts. I may even stick in a few surprises along the way. Subscribe to my post so you don't miss a thing. You will be glad you did.

And the first item....

I found this sewing cabinet at a rummage sale for $3.00. My husband looked at me like I was some crazy lady when I told him to load it into the truck. He asked why I would want a cabinet that someone has cut a hole in the center of. After a "brief" explanation of what this item was, I had to begin another conversation on "what" it was to become. Another story for another day! That was exhausting!










Now I have this item home and in the garage (the manly garage...not for items of this nature) where I proceed to explain what I am going to do with this "hideous" cabinet. (that is the comment from my husband, not from me) I saw potential the minute I laid my eyes on this.!

Ok, so I needed to borrow some tools from the "big guy" that he so generously lent to me.
Did I mention I received my own tools after this? Apparently, outside in the garage, everything has it's place and if you want to use the tools, you had better put them back in the proper place. This is not the inside of the house you know, where there is no place for anything except on the table for me to put away "in it's proper place".
Anyway, this is the result of two weeks of hard work! Still needs a little work on the bottom and I
would really like a glass top for it. But that will come in time...


I think it is a bit of an improvement!








My husband even likes it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment